Old 28-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Sacha

Default First cuckoo

Scott L Hadley28/4/04 1:52

Nice to see you again Scott. Other spring sounds here are the curlews
on the field beside the house; the crooning noise of the eider ducks,
skylarks on the hill above, and lawnmowers.

Janet

I'd almost settle for the sound of lawn mowers at this point. That starts
early May. Skylarks are new to me.

No cuckoos here, lots of buzzards, first swift and swallow. The loudest
spring sound here comes from our rookery where it sounds at times as if an
avian war is breaking out. As always, one part of the garden which is a
path leading past the church, is 'bomb alley' due to all the nests above our
heads!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)