Old 28-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Help, it's going to go below freezing tonight :-(

Fleemo said:

Wow, it's hard for me to imagine that it's still freezing somewhere in
the U.S. The past few weeks have been the warmest on record for this
time of year here in Northern California. Yesterday was the hottest
day recorded during the month of April, EVER. 98 degrees, and it
ain't even May yet. I was out at midnight last night chasing earwigs,
wearing only a pair of shorts. The garden is incredibly far along.
The Bear's Breech is already flowering, which it doesn't usually do
until mid-summer. The lettuce has already bolted. The daylilies are
blooming. It's all rather surreal. Feels like mid-June around here.

It snowed just a little yesterday. This morning the temperature is 29 degrees
(according to weather.com), which should be a new record. The old record
for April 28 was 32 deg. The weather radar shows snow falling north of us
this morning. (Plymouth is in south-east Michigan, zone 6, one of the warmest
parts of the state.)

We've had (for the most part) a cold spring. Only onebrief shot of warmer
than normal temperatures -- timed perfectly to fry out the daffodils and squills,
OF COURSE.

(attributed to Don Marti)