Old 28-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Steveo

Default Ants in the Lawn

Lar wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:25:59 -0500, Joe
wrote:

I live in northern Illinois and have an ant problem in my yard.

In the past, I've had one ant colony (city, urban area?) that covers
an area of about 2-3 square feet with dozens of individual holes.

I have pretty much ignored this. But this year, I have two other large
areas of Ant mounds.

I use ant traps when I run across them in the house. I have excellent
results with this.

But, what can I use outside????

Most of the granulated ant baits will work ok for you, though they may
be slow working. If you go the way of diazinon, or any insecticide
granule, you will get almost immediate results by instead of
sprinkling the granules about the mound, put 1/2 cup of the granules
in an old gallon container, fill with water, mix, then saturate the
mounds.

He'd be better off using a liquid insecticide(EC) if that's his approach.