Old 28-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default vegetable plants buying

In article , jane
writes

~I've had trouble with leeks two years running now, same variety each time
~and supposed to be very hardy, but they tended to rot with the wet and
~frost. The soil was very cold, wet clay though. I've since moved and have
~completely different soil this time - dry, stoney stuff.

Mine's dry and stony too. They don't seem bothered by it. Carrots are
hell to grow, though!

That's one reason for building my raised beds, my clay and flint is
really not conducive to any Allium growing but raising the beds might
make it drain better for crops such as these.
janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph