Old 28-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Emery Davis

Default Coriander

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:59:39 +0100, Jack Ouzzi said:

] On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:43:39 +0100, Jonny
] wrote:
]
] I have lots of coriander grown in the greenhouse. It is now approx 5"
] tall. Something in the back of my mind tells me that if left in direct
] sunlight it will shoot. Am I right? If so, what should I do? I have
] []
] I posted a similar question a few seasons back, and yes direct
] sunlight does seem to effect this yummy herb. Also using the Cilantro
] variety (for leaf instead of seed growth) tends to stop bolting
] ................. so pot it and put the pots outside in a shady place
][]

I thought Cilantro was just another name for Coriander? In the US the
words are used interchangeably, I believe.

No advice from me on how to stop it from bolting. We use a lot in salads,
and so do several plantings. I've still got about a kg of seed frozen from
last year, in spite of using it at nearly every opportunity...

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to