Old 28-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default Newbie rain garden questions?

"amylou" wrote in message news:yyIjc.1596$Rd4.416509@attbi_s51...
Hello all!
I am buying a house that has some drainage problems
in the back yard. There are several spots where water
pools, and constructing a drainage ditch just doesn't
sound like much fun.
Would putting in a rain garden help solve this problem?
Any tips on good plants to use for this? (I am in Louisville,
Kentucky).
Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is my first
time owning a home and I'm anxious to try my hand at
gardening!

Thanks,

Amy

Rain gardens are a way to keep rain and stormwater from washing down
the street to the drains there so that it can replenish the
groundwater.
What you might have is a bog garden.