Old 28-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Mark Fawcett

Default Delurk with chocolates and a question

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Gwenhyffar
Milgi writes

ggg we get a few of those here as well. What I mean is a legless
amphibian though. I don't know what they're called!

I'm not aware of any legless amphibians in the UK! We've only got toads,
newts and frogs. I suppose you could call a tadpole a legless amphibian
;-)

snip

Could it have been an elver (baby eel)? I know grown eels can suurvive
out of water and make quite long journeys across country to reach
water. My natural history is somewhat lacking in the abilities of
elvers though.
This is the best piccie I found when I typed in elvers into Google
image search.
http://www.beaur.com/images/couvertu.jpg
Actually there were some that were more interesting but had nothing to
do with legless amphibians. Well I suppose they could in a round about
way but I wont take that thought train any further.

Mark