Old 28-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default Diatom Filter or H.O.T. Magnum

"TR" wrote in message
link.net...
"Jeff Lowe" wrote in message

I was in a hurry one day and did not want to wait for the chlorine to

clear
so I tried oxy instead. It is amazing the tarry brown goo that bubbles

off
the filter. Probably don't need to do it, but as far as work goes, it's

just
a couple of buckets out in the laundry room. Fill them with either

bleach
or
oxy, takes at most two minutes, then walk away.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Is that just the regular powdered Oxi Clean, any particular strength?
Just curious, as I have ordered a HOT Magnum coming in this week, and I'm
just trying to keep notes about the various tips for making use of it.
Thanks!

Regular Oxyclean, or it's generic equivalents. One scoop to half a gallon
hot water. Use something heavy to hold the filter down. A friend left half a
six pack of Budweiser long necks behind and I find them ideal for this task.
;-)
None of this really gets the filter back to white, but I don't think it
matters. I tried this because I'd read that oxy is fairly benign and I could
never seem to rinse all the Clorox out. I've since learned no moisture, no
chlorine so let the filter dry out completely.
Jeff