Old 28-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Brian

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

I appreciate they can be difficult until you become used to them. You did
not mention applying the choke? You could try starting with the plug very
nearly unscrewed. Another idea is to pull with the plug totally unscrewed
but lying across the opening. If flooded this would burn off excess fuel.
Don't have more than a minimum of cutting plastic exposed.
If all else fails a local garden machinery centre would help at minimum
cost for goodwill. Hopefully.
Good Luck.
"Juco" wrote in message
. ..
Just bought off ebay, did eventually start, long enough for me to do a

first
rough cut to try them out.Then they made a `kind of` knocking noise` which

am positive was coming from the starter string mechanism.
I took this part off and then re assembled noise now stopped but they

won`t
start.

I have checked with manufacturer and the idle/fast screws are correct.
I am getting a spark at the plug.
The fuel is getting to the plug.
I emptied and made fresh 2 stroke at correct ratio.
I replaced spark plug with a fresh one.
When turning engine over there is compression and it runs smooth with the
plug out (or in) so don`t think any engine damage.

I have motorbike engine experience so don`t think any major engine probs.

Help what next?????

It says press `bulb` 5 times for fuel? could I be flooding the carb? I

ask
in case it is my starting methods although I am going by the manual.