Old 28-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Nick Gray

Default Coriander

"Jack Ouzzi" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:43:39 +0100, Jonny
wrote:

I have lots of coriander grown in the greenhouse. It is now approx 5"
tall. Something in the back of my mind tells me that if left in direct
sunlight it will shoot. Am I right? If so, what should I do? I have
thought of potting it (as I need it out of the greenhouse anyway) and
bringing it into the house where it's not so bright.
Your views valued,
Jonny

I posted a similar question a few seasons back, and yes direct
sunlight does seem to effect this yummy herb. Also using the Cilantro
variety (for leaf instead of seed growth) tends to stop bolting
................. so pot it and put the pots outside in a shady place
;-)

The plain variety of coriander (coriandrum sativum) is grown for fresh
leaves used in cooking. However coriandrum sativum 'Morocco' is more likely
to bolt and therefore grown and let go to seed.

HTH

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk/