Old 29-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Stephen Howard

Default Anyone come across this before?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:14:47 +0100, "Lyn" wrote:

While wandering round a local garden centre today I stopped to admire a
clematis, and on reading the label was surprised to see in bold letters
"propogation of this plant is illegal". Now since a lot of the pleasure I
get from gardening is from growing my own stock from one plant (and being
broke it is often the only way I can increase my plants), this warning
stopped me from buying, but I'm moved to ask if this is a rare happening or
a new trend?

Blimey!

Never heard of that one before!
If it's a new trend then I strongly urge all gardeners everywhere to
boycott such plants - and send the breeders a very firm and clear
message that they can stuff their marketeering up their warm, damp
spot.

Incidentally, my wife informs me that it's illegal to propagate with
me....but I'm open to a spot of discreet piracy.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk