Old 29-04-2004, 01:02 AM
David H. Lipman

Default Are Antivirus software companies like the Mafia?

This is an Off Topic subject for the majority of News Groups posted to.

In reply however....

And police don't earn a salary ?
Do we not pay the FBI and CIA employees ?
Does not a lawyer charge for services ?
Does not a locksmith get paid for their services ?

So AV companies have a *RIGHT* to charge for their services as well. Most are nominal fees.

In actuality, this kind of bullsh!t argument has no relevance in *any* of the posted News
Groups.
Take this argument to; alt.comp.virus and/or alt.comp.anti-virus
Those locations are more apropos for this kind of broad discussion as it does not really
have a Microsoft basis since the argument would be the same for *any* OS including
Microsoft.

Dave