Old 29-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Jim Macklin

Default Are Antivirus software companies like the Mafia?

Since Windows is 90% of the systems, 99 % of the jerks write
viruses for Windows.

"The Magnificent *******" wrote
in message ...
| On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:58:39 -0400, in alt.tv.sopranos,
David H. Lipman
| rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose
again. It does
| this whenever it's told -
|

| This is an Off Topic subject for the majority of News
Groups posted to.

| In reply however....
|
| And police don't earn a salary ?
| Do we not pay the FBI and CIA employees ?
| Does not a lawyer charge for services ?
| Does not a locksmith get paid for their services ?
|
| So AV companies have a *RIGHT* to charge for their
services as well. Most are nominal fees.

| In actuality, this kind of bullsh!t argument has no
relevance in *any* of the posted News
| Groups.
| Take this argument to; alt.comp.virus and/or
alt.comp.anti-virus
| Those locations are more apropos for this kind of broad
discussion as it does not really
| have a Microsoft basis since the argument would be the
same for *any* OS including
| Microsoft.
|
| What other OS, besides Windows, is affected to any large
extent by a

wrote in message
| | Antivirus software companies charge you money to
"protect" your computer
| | from viruses and other bad things that could happen to
it (trojan horse,
| | worm, etc.). If you don't pay for protection, there
is a very good
| | chance that something bad will happen to your
computer. Some people say
| | that some antivirus software companies are even
responsible for some (or
| | most) of the new viruses that come out.........that
way there is always
| | a need for their products.
| |
| | Sounds kind of like the mafia. Either you pay them for
protection or
| | you'll get hurt or something like that.
| |
| | Is this just a coincidence?