Old 29-04-2004, 01:09 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Hyacinth Experiment

"Heather" wrote in message
After reading many ways to try and keep Water Hyacinth over winter I tried
the following:
Result. - They all died.

==============================
They're hard to keep over the winter but I have been successful. The best
way I found :

They need a very sunny window and algae kept off their roots by using
something the sun doesn't shine through. I wrapped aluminum foil around a
wide mouth old gallon pickle jar. This also keeps the water from getting
too warm. They need FERTILIZER all winter, but only enough to keep a
healthy green color. They need to be DEBUGGED constantly as they're mite
magnets. The mites suck the life out of them.

In my opinion... they're not worth the bother.
--
Carol....
"A closed mouth gathers no feet."