Old 29-04-2004, 05:04 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Watercrest and Cilantro

Our watercress filled a 5' kiddie pool beofre the heat slowed it down. The
root system was 10'' deep. Grabbed all the muck floating through and drew
huge amounts of nutrients out by its growth. The remnants are still in our
U-shaped falls. Good growth still after two years of just being on its own.
We don't fill a pool with it because of the summer die-back. The water
celery also has GREAT root systems. The parrots feather is less effective
with roots and grows slower. Bonnie, thanks for the starter celery. We
have already tossed two bushels this season. Mors soon.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"Ron, KC4YOY" wrote in message
. com...
I finally found some Watercress and Cilantro at
a new grocery store today.
What's the best way to get it to grow in my veggie
filter and pond?
I now have it just floating loose in the filter,
should I plant it in baskets with pea gravel
or just let it float?

Ron

C.R."Ron"Lawrence KC4YOY
Antique Radio Collector & Historian