Old 29-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Robert

Default Anyone come across this before?

"Lyn" wrote in message
news:y1Wjc.654$7S2.422@newsfe1-win...
: While wandering round a local garden centre today I stopped to admire a
: clematis, and on reading the label was surprised to see in bold letters
: "propogation of this plant is illegal". Now since a lot of the pleasure I
: get from gardening is from growing my own stock from one plant (and being
: broke it is often the only way I can increase my plants), this warning
: stopped me from buying, but I'm moved to ask if this is a rare happening
or
: a new trend?
:
: TIA
:
: Lyn
:
:
No it's been around for a while. It's for new introductions so that the
nursery that has invested so much in 'breeding' the plant can recoup their
money and get some benefit out of it. A bit like people saying you can't
download music from the internet really lol