Old 29-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Tim Challenger

Default Coriander

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:36:26 +0200, Emery Davis wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:47:56 GMT, Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" said:

[]
] You freeze coriander seed? That's a new one on me. I found it stays pretty
] viable for planting if I keep it in a paper bag. For cooking, I doubt it's
] lose much aroma at the rate you seem to use it.
[]

Hi Tim,

I don't try and use the frozen stuff for planting, although it might work I suppose.
Freezing just keeps the flavour a little fresher, we find. Do the same with
green pepper corns (bought, not grown).

Nothing beats the fresh leaves, though.

-E

I hadn't ever thought of that. I might give it a try this year.
--
Tim C.