Old 29-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Sacha

Default Anyone come across this before?

Nick Maclaren29/4/04 8:39

snip
You may ignore all such crap, until and unless the monopolists
get the IP laws extended to covering such things. At MOST, you are
forbidden to propagate plants FOR SALE, and that applies only to
plants with Plant Breeder's Rights. And while we maintain our
independence - and I mean from the USA, not the EU.

snip

I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly, Nick. But if you're saying
that PBR doesn't apply to plants bred in UK and then licensed for
propagation and retailing in e.g. USA, that would be wrong. One of Ray's
plants has PBR in USA, Canada, Japan and all of Europe. Its biggest market
has proved to be USA with Canada and Japan close behind.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk