Old 29-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Red earred slider in a koi pond

If you have somewhere to put the turtle if it does not work out, you can
resolve your problem empirically. Put it in...feed it...see what happens...

If you have a big pond with koi in it, the waste is not such an issue as the
koi themselves are really good at waste! I used to raise turtles in
aquaria. Moved them from hatchlings to 8 or 9 inches, where they could
stand on their hind legs and climb out if I let them. A single pump and
external filter handled the waste.

Good luck.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"Claude Rogers" wrote in message
Hi guys, my friend has a red earred slider he wants to relocate. I have
goldfish and koi about 7 inches long and lots of plants in my pond. Will
the turtle destroy everthing and kill my fish or is it going to fit

in.....I
know I will need some sort of island for it.....just really don't want
everything tore up.....and don't want to be mean to the turtle

either...does
anyone mix turtles and fish and plants in the same pond.....Thanks in
advance Claude