Old 29-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Marc Riva

Default A few questions

I'm not sure if it's a problem or not but I have a couple of plants that
have a few little beads of sticky clear fluid on new growth (on flower buds
on the cattleya and new pseudobulbs on the dendrobium). I first thought of
aphids but there is no signs of the insects and the plants appear healthy.
See photos 01 to 03 at: www.riva.ca/orchids
I just got a cymbidium with the intention of splitting it into 2 clumps.
This will be my 1st orchid repotting. Should I do it now or wait to later in
the season. There is a leafless pseudobulb and dead one at the center.
Should the leafless one be retained in one of the clumps? Photos 04 to 07.
Any idea as to parentage?
Finally I bought what seems to me to be some sort of bifoliate cattleya. Any
idea as to what it is? (photos 08 to 10). Thanks for any input.
Marc