Old 29-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Best websites to help plan a water garden?

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
If the $2500 includes a really good filtration system, then yea, with

fish,
plants, etc. sounds about right. Rocks/boulders probably are pretty

pricey,
something I didn't have to purchase.

Since I don't know your designer personally, the one thing I'd recommend

is
talking to people where he's installed ponds and find out the maintenance
needed.

A pond with a good filteration system, skimmer(s) & bottom drain(s)
requires very little "hard core" maintenance. Where you have to drain and
tear down the whole pond yearly, and yes, unfortunately there are systems
that require this. ~ jan

snip

I'd also add to that, ask him what some of his design ethics are...

Does he like rocks at the bottom of the pond?
His he militant about using UV?
Does he prefer one style of filter over another?

You can learn a lot about a pond guy based on his pond religion. I for one
am a fundamentalist VF'er.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com