Old 29-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Just When You Think It's Safe...

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:
Kind of ironic...last week I was up on my pedastal being holier then

thou
about tossing non-natives into native ponds, then this...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Apr28.html

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

I saw that on the news this morning. They said it was the
same pond that was sprayed the last time - aparently they
didn't get all of the snakeheads! Ooops!!!!!!

Actually the problem is that this ISN'T the same lake. The original problem
was in an isolated lake, this snakehead was found in a body of water that
has direct access to other bodies of water.

From the Washington Post..."Unlike the Crofton snakeheads, the newly caught
fish was not in an isolated fishing hole. Pine Lake drains into the
Northwest Branch, which goes to the Anacostia River and the Potomac River."

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com