Old 29-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Gary Woods

Default Anyone come across this before?

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

I am referring to the disgraceful way in which USA pigopolists
have been permitted to patent naturally occurring organisms,

Delurking briefly.... amen brother!

I'm a member of the Seed Saver's Exchange, whose mission is to preserve all
those tried but true varieties the big money folks would like us to abandon
in favor of their patented GM hybrids! At the moment, big money rules even
more than usual here.... I'm hoping for a change come election time.
(And no, this isn't the proper forum for politics, especially U.S., so
let's not veer that way!)

Clearly Big Business would like to have control of all of the food supply,
third world or not. At least the Common Market has mostly been rejecting
our FrankenFood. But there's a lot of money involved....

Peace from the (former) American colonies,

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods