Old 29-04-2004, 06:02 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Plant thief!

Subject: Plant thief!
From: "chaz"
Date: 4/28/2004 3:46 PM Central Daylight Time

"Genevieve" wrote in message
. com...
I bought 4 nice Gerber Daisies to plant around the ugly street sign in
my front yard - yellow, white, pink and orange.

A week later, the orange Gerber plant was gone and only the hole in
the ground was left. I can't imagine what happened to it. Would an
animal run off with a plant like that? I'm thinking someone wanted the
orange daisy and just absconded with it.

I should have put it in the back yard, but who thought I'd have a
problem like that?! Now I'm wondering about the Hydrangeas I'm
planning for my front beds. Will they be safe? I know - it probably
won't happen again and I'm being paranoid.

Any one else have a problem with plants that grow legs and walk away?

Genevieve
zone 9

Technically, the property around a street sign is public property. I dont
know if taking a plant from public lands would be considered stealing.

Actually, taking a plant - or seeds - or flowers, or any part of a plant, from
state land, is illegal. Not technically stealing, I believe there is a separate
law against it.

There is also laws against planting there, however, they aren't usually
enforced, except in natural areas and parks.

Both are there mainly to protect native plants, especially rare ones.

-

theoneflasehaddock