Old 29-04-2004, 06:05 PM
joe

Default Hyacinth Experiment

Actually, I could care less if the hyacinth bloom. I think they are one of
the best plants for a veggie filter. Several years ago, here in San Diego,
the city was even experimenting with them to see how well they could clean
sewage.

Joe

On 4/29/04 7:58 AM, " wrote:

all of you want that hyacinth cause it has that one measly flower at a time
and only for one day. if you can give that ephemeral flower up, then you can
forget hyacinths AND water lettuce and get on with much friendlier, more
useful and hardier plants for veggie filters. properly fertilized water
lilies in large pots will nearly cover the entire surface of a pond. Ingrid