Old 29-04-2004, 08:18 PM
len gardener

Default Humanure!?!

g'day gello,

not something i can answer in one line, but i sort of generated to
that way of thinking, or it could ahve been evolved. my health failed
badly on me i lost my career and the indipendence that gives, so
started looking ro reason and ended up at permaculture. this led me to
look at how we treat mother earth and her finite resources so when the
opportunity came i took the step.

if i had stayed in the 'burbs i would have still installed a drop
toilet (illigaly of course) just would be boasting about it to all and
sundry.

the way i see it sewerage still pollutes our waterways, and septic
pollutes the aquafa, and all should wonder at the wisdom that society
has developed that leads us to dump our cast off to a local authority
you know slam the lid, don't look at it lest it infest us, and push a
button to use valuable drinking water to flush it on its way. can't
imagine at the further wisdom of people moving to rural and using even
less available water resources to flush to a septic tanks and then to
a leach field!!??

then all i needed to do was research the different makes of toilets
and opted for the one that is the simplest in design, no moving parts
well apart from the lid hinge that is.

that's about it in a nut shell gello, but will gladly answer any
questions you may have feel free to e/mail me if you wish.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening