Old 29-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Bee

Default Are Antivirus software companies like the Mafia?

Magnificent ******* wrote:
...I don't open email from people I don't know so...They will be
wasting their time if they send me an email.

Beware! It was two months ago that I read from the news that the recent
breed of malware, among other things, disabled firewall and antivirus
software. And, their e-mails did *not* require being opened to discharge
their payload.

The point you made is a valid one. I sympathize with your suspicion, your
concern, and your alarm bell ringing. Until the day the scoundrel is caught
with his hand in the till, we will never know.

Bee.
--
[I have found my Shangri-La in ntlworld.]