Old 29-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Tom Randy

Default Grass seed instead of fertilizer or weedkiller

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:29:58 -0400, ted wrote:

I'm a gardening newbie and I hate lawn maintenance.

I was told that instead of spending $$ on fertilizer and/or weedkillers,
if we spread grass seed on the lawn regularly it will take care of the
health and thickness of the lawn. Also since there's no place for the
weeds to grow, they won't.

Does anyone use this concept? Does this work? It looks too easy and
simple to be true.

Thanks.

Well I'm not sure if that works but I do spread around grass seed every
spring all over the lamns. I also use weed killer and fertilizer.

Last year ground ivy got really bad so this year I'm trying a few things,
Ortho weed killer (so far 3 applications and nothing is happening to it)
and the borax treatment on a few spots for experimenting.

Man ground ivy is MURDER to deal with. Pulling it all is out, there is just
way too much of it for that.