Old 29-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Phisherman

Default Weed & Feed for very small yard

On 29 Apr 2004 04:36:18 -0700, )
wrote:

I need a recommendation for a weed and feed product for a small
townhouse yard. I was thinking the liquid, hose spray type would
probably work best.

Nothing special about the yard except it hasn't been fertilized or
weeded for many years. Grass is very green but has a good bit of
weeds. We have noticed grubs.

Thanks for the assistance.
B.S.

Don't use weed-and-feed products. Feed your lawn (and weeds), then
after two weeks wait for a 48 hour period of sunny, no-rain forecast
and apply a broadleaf killer. I use Weed-B-Gone and Spectricide in a
garden sprayer to spot treat. If the lawn has well-established weeds,
you may need to apply several applications, waiting at least 10 days
between. It is better to alternate products. You'll need a grub
product if there is more than one grub per sq foot. Consider
overseeding in the fall (or the best time for your area)--this will
produce a thicker lawn for the following year with fewer weeds (and
less weed killer usage). It also helps to "mow high and often."