Old 29-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Frogleg

Default Newbie rain garden questions?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:54:22 GMT, "amylou"
wrote:

I am buying a house that has some drainage problems
in the back yard. There are several spots where water
pools, and constructing a drainage ditch just doesn't
sound like much fun.
Would putting in a rain garden help solve this problem?
Any tips on good plants to use for this? (I am in Louisville,
Kentucky)

When I first heard mention of 'rain gardens', I Googled and found a
lot of interesting sites on the subject. If the water pools briefly
and dissipates after a day or 2, a rain garden may be what you want.
If it's permanently soggy, the bog suggestions seem more appropriate.
:-)