Old 29-04-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Arborvitae

N ot sure I spelled that correctly at all ;^) Speaking of the tall
(6-8 ft) conical green shrubs, common place. While I know they are
supposed to be lots of sun, I have 3 in a moderate indirect light more
shaded area. Last year when planted they did great all year. After
winter and when they emerged in spring, In have browning leaves and
branches - that seem to begin and mainly occupy the center of the
bushes. I realize more info might be helpful, but wondering if the
brwoning pattern in that particluar variety is an easy indication of
something.
Todd

check for spider mites.

spider mites prefer to live in arborvitae more than any other evergreen
shrub, and unfortunately, since most people choose to put this shrub within
200 feet of their house, the little buggers like to come inside the house
and infect many houseplants.