Old 30-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Plant thief!

The message
from uckoff (theoneflasehaddock) contains these words:

Subject: Plant thief!
From: Janet Baraclough..

Date: 4/29/2004 8:54 AM Central Daylight Time

I've found that snowdrops and daffodils work well; that was in an area
where the long roadside verges were tractor-trimmed every summer for
safety reasons, so anything summer flowering would have been pointless.

Daffodils spread, and stay for years. Another non-native plant to keep
to your
own gardens

Load of cod, haddock.

If you must, try lily-of-the-valley, or periwinkles (Vinca) or wood
lilies, or
trout lilies, or whatever is NATIVE where you are.

None of those is native here.

Wild narcissus (narcissus pseudonarcissus), which is the one I planted,
is native here. Snowdrops arrived in Britain about 2000 years ago; while
they are not strictly native, they are widely naturalised.

Janet