Old 30-04-2004, 03:06 AM
Ka30P

Default Red eared slider in a koi pond

I have had two painted turtles and one red-earred slider in my 3,000 gallon
pond at the same time. I never noticed any plant or fish damage.

I did keep a lot of plants in the pond, had lots of baby fish. I really didn't
care if some of it, or them, got eaten. But I never noticed them eating them.

I ran a 150 gallon stock tank mech/biological/plant filter. Kept up with koi,
goldfish, turtle and bullfrog business.

I have an island in the middle of my pond for safe sunbathing (important for
turtle health).

I never fed them. They ate koi food, plants and fish (I'm sure) and I made sure
they had lots of garden snails tossed on their island.

It worked for me!

kathy :-)