Old 30-04-2004, 11:05 AM
George Bray

Default Jersey Royal seed potatoes

"Barry & Iris McCanna" wrote in message ...
...I've ordered some on-line direct from the
growers. We've been longing to taste them again after living for nearly
seven years in France. Let's hope it isn't a big let-down. We've paid over
£6.00 for two kilos which includes the postage.

That's certainly not cheap but, on the other hand, neither were the
Jersey Royals I bought from Waitrose recently. They were £2.39 for
750g, so 2Kg would be £6.37, i.e. more than you are paying! That's a
lot of profit going straight to Waitrose for doing very little,
whereas I bet the Jersey farmers are hard done by, nothwithstanding
all their hard work to actually produce the potatoes.

Waitrose is an expensive place to shop, unless you have money to burn.

Regards
George