Old 30-04-2004, 12:05 PM
martin

Default Jersey Royal seed potatoes

On 30 Apr 2004 02:55:59 -0700, (George
Bray) wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...
The correct name of "Jersey Royals" is "International Kidney", they only
become "Jersey Royals" when grown on Jersey.
You will find "International Kidney" seed potatoes easy to come by so why
bother to try to save bought ones for a year?
What you need to get them to taste right is lots of compost made with
seaweed, without it they will just taste like any other new potato.

Thank you for this info, which I was aware of, but hadn't found
anywhere that sold International Kidney seed potatoes, hence my
decision to buy ordinary spuds from shops. Following your comment,
I'll have another look.

We can't find anybody selling Idaho/russet potatoes either. We bought
a couple of Idaho supermarket spuds to see if they would grow.