Old 30-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Sacha

Default Jersey Royal seed potatoes

Barry & Iris McCanna29/4/04 7:18

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip
Of course, the Jersey people will tell you that you can't grow a true

Jersey
Royal anywhere outside Jersey. ;-)

In fact they don't seem to be able to grow a true Jersey Royal anywhere
inside Jersey since they stopped carting seaweed to the fields and started
using commercial fertilizers....
Sorry, but in recent years I've been bitterly disappointed in the fall-off
in taste.

Oh! Please don't say that! I've ordered some on-line direct from the
growers. We've been longing to taste them again after living for nearly
seven years in France. Let's hope it isn't a big let-down. We've paid over
£6.00 for two kilos which includes the postage.

Regards
Iris McCanna

Iris, do you know which grower you ordered from, or was it the co-operative?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)