Old 30-04-2004, 04:02 PM
madgardener

Default Forest Pansy redbud

"escapee" wrote in message
I have a 'Forest Pansy' also, and it limped along for the first year. Not

all
redbuds are single trunked. I've seen many in the wild with multi-trunks,

so
you can get a desirable shape from what you have. However, if you have
anthracnose (sp?) or some other pathogen, it would be wise to get another

and do
not plant it in the same spot. If the mimosa died in that spot, now the

Cercis,
it may be a signal.

victoria

There was no disease involved to my opinion. It was probably due to my being
distracted while slaving at Lowes in OL&G...this year, as I am a cashier in
the nursery, and not nearly as worn to a nubbins as last year at this time,
I can be more diligent with my supplimental watering. I was thinking like
you, that the Forest Pansy might be interesting in "shrub" shape. The other
one is fine. Despite my NOT watering it at all, it seems to be just fine so
far despite the lack of rains. (we're still almost 3 inches below normal for
the year, and I can't tell you how the two Eastern redbuds are doing down in
my woods......I've been majorly distracted to horrible purportions) Thanks
for the thoughts. I may just keep the tree as it's trying to show me it's
attempting to live. If it doesn't grow well in the next month or so, I can
still return and get another from work. I bought it late summer anyway and
have a window of time.....

Updates on Fairy Holler later! g
Have a great weekend, V.
Maddie