Old 30-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Kent Nilsson

Default Growing lemon tree from scratch (in a pot) - need advice on how to get the "tree" to flowe

I have a "glass balcony" in the south of Sweden (in principle it can
function as a greenhouse), where I want to grow a lemon tree or two in
some large pots. I will bring the plants indoors during winter. I want
to grow from scratch from seeds from a lemon. This is possible I have
heard, but it may take 10 years before the tree flowers and it may not
even flower at all I have heard. But I have also heard that grafting
from a mature lemon tree may make it flower sooner. Or can you add
some artificial plant hormones somehow and get the same result? Can
you buy plant hormones somewhere (on the web)?

Thanks in advance for any relevant reply!

Don't reply via e-mail. It doesn't work!