Old 30-04-2004, 04:08 PM
George Bray

Default Jersey Royal seed potatoes

Sacha wrote in message .uk...
Ah but where did you find the vraic? ;-)

Sacha, Mike

Thank you for your respective help.

The element of doubt about the exact type of potato is part of the
reason why I decided to buy Jersey Royals from a shop. I'll buy
another batch, later in May, when the price falls a bit. If I buy
'kidney' seed potatoes how can I be sure they're the real thing, even
though plenty of people say 'Jersey Royals' ARE 'International Kidney'
potatoes.

The first thing I need to check about vraic is that I can identify the
stuff, even if I can find any! Some sources say it's found more on
Atlantic beaches, rather than, say, in Hampshire or Essex.

Regards
George