Old 30-04-2004, 05:02 PM
ted

Default Lawn aeration and sprinkler system

I live in zone 7b with heavy clay soil. I have to aerate my lawn may
be next year. I have sprinkler system in my yard and the builder has
done an awful job. You never know where you're going to dig and find a
water pipe. So I was wondering if there's a safe way to aerate my lawn
without bursting any of them. I was reading old posts about core
aerators and I figure it may cut through these pipes.

Is there a manual way of aerating the lawn where I can be more
watchful? My lawn is not very big. About 5000 sqft or so and I'm more
concerned about the front yard which is about 2000 sqft.

Thanks.