Old 30-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Diane Epps

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:41:39 +0100, Juco wrote:

I have motorbike engine experience so don`t think any major engine
probs.

As they ran before I'm inclined to agree.

It says press `bulb` 5 times for fuel? could I be flooding the
carb? I ask in case it is my starting methods although I am going by
the manual.

Small 2 strokes can be very temperamental starting from cold. Is there
a choke? I approach my strimmer like this:

Fuel up, fully close choke, prime as per the book (6 or 7 presses),
fully open the throttle, pull fast and firmly half a dozen or so
times. The moment it shows half a inclining at firing move the choke
to half way, pull again and it'll normally run on the 2nd or 3rd pull.
Keep the throttle open for a 10 seconds or so the let it close slowly
and then take the choke right off if it's idling. Being ready on the
throttle should it start to die...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Could the petrol be old I used to have terrible trouble starting my mower

at the begining of the season until someone told me to change all the petrol
that had been laying in the tank all winter.
Diane