Old 30-04-2004, 10:02 PM
escapee

Default Poppies

In the backyard I let them disintegrate on their own. In the front where people
fuss about a thing out of place (tough shit on them!) I do remove them when they
get rangy. Right now my corn poppies are still going very strongly and when the
pods dry I will pull the plants. I throw all my seed out in the fall. Last
year I planted corn poppies, Oriental, and P.somniferum, larkspur, nigella,
gaura, datura, and they are all packed into every corner of the garden.

Victoria

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:38:27 GMT, "grubber"
opined:

I planted poppies from seed in a new bed this year and had a wonderful
display, mostly bloomed out now, but the seed heads are attractive swaying
in the breeze. What does one do after the blooms? Do I need to pull them,
cut them or will they dry and break down by themselves? I want to seed the
area with zinnias.