Old 01-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Ray

Default A few questions

I would disagree, Joanna.

Someone else getting an award on one of their plants is as good of a marketing device as getting an
award on one they still own.

Granted, they cannot clone it, but they can claim to be superior breeders....

I believe the primary reason tags don't persist is the "mass marketing" mentality and the
expectation that the plants won't survive anyway.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Marc,

Some commercial growers on purpose do not tell the name of the hybrid
because they are more interested in keeping their trade secrets and not
interested in awards. This could be the case with yours as well. I bought
one stunning Phal orchid that probably had no tag on purpose for such
reasons, at least the staff person at the nursery where I bought it thought
that that might be the case.

Joanna

"Marc Riva" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
Diana,
I was surprised myself. Up to this point I have buying from garden
nurseries. I found the wholesaler because of a tag on one of the orchids I
bought. This wholesaler (she is Taiwanese) only sells orchids but I am
pretty sure that the more exotic plants are imported. The phals are grown

on
site and they are labelled. BTW I'm in the Toronto area.
Marc