Old 01-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Canadian Hemlock

Hopefully, someone is familiar with this species and has worked with it.
I've got a fairly young tree that I spent the last two summers getting
healthy. I'm ready to work on it now, but am not sure as to how amenable
they are to major chopping/pruning/bending. The trunk, at the base, is only
about 1" diameter; so it should still be fairly flexible. Branches have
been removed over the last 2 years, so what is really needed now is a major
chop or some fairly extensive bending and then drastic pruning of foliage.
Any suggestions/hints/cautions?

Thanks,

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39