Old 01-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Forest Pansy redbud

The message
from "madgardener" contains these words:

"escapee" wrote in message
I have a 'Forest Pansy' also, and it limped along for the first year. Not
all redbuds are single trunked. I've seen many in the wild with
multi-trunks,
so you can get a desirable shape from what you have.

I was thinking like
you, that the Forest Pansy might be interesting in "shrub" shape.

I've got a small one which has two stems from right low down. FP
aren't common or easy to find in the UK, so I was awfully pleased to
find this one in 2002. Then we moved house in 2003; no way was I leaving
Forest Pansy behind, where he might not be recognised nurtured or
appreciated, so I dug him up again, shoved it in a pot, and re-planted
last autumn. I gather they hate root disturbance but anyway it has
survived, and is just budding up now; quite late.

Janet.