Old 01-05-2004, 04:21 AM
Chris Hogg

Default black 'droppings'/poo

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:47:23 +0100, "Amber Ormerod"
wrote:

I have just spotted some, whats best to describe as black poo that looks
quite liquid under one of the bird feeders. What could it be? At first I
thought it was bird but its not splatted enough to be that. Its not very
pellety either.

I am in hampshire with loads of hedging nr by.

thanks
amber

Probably a hedgehog, as others have suggested, but we're getting quite
a lot of black droppings in our garden ATM, mostly solid but some
rather runny. Copious enough to suggest a small/medium dog, but is
probably a badger, as the droppings contain obvious 'bits'. Haven't
investigated further for obvious reasons, but probably beetle casings,
and the grass (couldn't possibly call it a lawn!) has been heavily
scuffed in places. We live in the country, BTW.

--
Chris