Old 01-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Dave Liquorice

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:43:44 +0100, Diane Epps wrote:

Could the petrol be old I used to have terrible trouble starting my
mower at the begining of the season until someone told me to change
all the petrol that had been laying in the tank all winter.

I've heard that as well but not personally experienced it, mianly
because I normally use the strimmer untill it runs out of fuel and
like wise with the mower try and make the last cut of the season
pretty much empty the tank.

However the strimmer has sat with half a tank of fuel this winter,
I've yet to try an start it. Neither did I "put it to bed" properly
either, by taking the plug out and pouring a bit of oil in and turning
it over a few times. That does make a difference, first year I didn't
do that and it took quite a while to get going, 2nd year I did and it
was *a lot* easier to start.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail