Old 01-05-2004, 06:02 AM
eclectic

Default Japanese snowball plant

"limey" wrote in message

For sentimental reasons, I would like to replace a Japanese snowball plant
that we transplanted here after my mother-in-law died. It died during an
incredibly wet spring and summer a couple of years ago.

Nurseries are drawing a blank. I suppose it's an old-fashioned plant, but
is there another common name for the plant/bush? It blooms all summer,
with white "snowballs" similar to a hydrangea. It is not viburnum.

I would appreciate any help on this. Many thanks.

Dora

I'm just wondering what features made you rule viburnum out.
Was it the leaf shape, flowering period, growth habit etc.? Did
the plant flower mainly in the spring/early summer, and then
sporadically during the summer? If you can remember the autumn
leaf colours that might help too.

Regards.