Old 01-05-2004, 07:02 AM
belly

Default Excitement in the Air

On 29 Apr 2004 11:46:17 -0700 in
,
(Rod Tuomi) graced the world with this
thought:

I have alot of Farmer's blood flowing through my veins, and I love
this time of year. I enjoy getting the soil ready, planting a garden,
but most of all waitng to see those little plants sprouting through
the soil. I love to watch the plants grow, take care of them, and of
course eat the fresh tasty veggies and fruits that come from the sweat
of my brow.

Rod Tuomi

Run a couple acres, or a couple orchards, it'll take some of the magic
away. Not to be the turd in the punch bowl. I did it for several years
when my gardening gene took over, it taught me a lesson in nature. It
took me about ten years to recover and get my interest back. A garden
is like a well-kept whore.

I can appreciate what you're saying though, to nurture something that
will sustain you and those around you is a feeling of fulfillment,
regardless of being bled dry when you're over your head.