Old 01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
dave manchester

Default small pice of land required

Sacha wrote in message .uk...
dave manchester30/4/04 3:13

i am looking for a piece of land minimum size 1 acre with some form of
building on it (condition of no concearn) we are a young family hoping
to become eventually self sufficiant maybe a few animals, im sure you
know the kind of thing! the property must however pe pre piped for
water and electricity will pay in the region of 20k for the right
piece in any part of the UK.

any help and advice would be greatfully received

thank you
Dave

Just to clarify, Dave - do you hope to convert and live in any such
building? Or are you intending to use the land as a smallholding, the
building as an equipment store and live elsewhere?

Thank you all for your replies, they are very much appreciated and are
a great help. especially the one about the goat.
I have made another post yesterday which explains my position a little
clearer, if that would help.
in an ideal world yes it would be nice to get a field with an old
house to restore that wouldn't need the planning consent and the
ground to be perfect and we all live happily ever after. but I know
that is not possible.
we have seen some potential sites but as usual if you have 30k to
spend they want 50 and if you have 50 you need 70.
prices do seem to fluctuate dramatically depending on the use of the
land and the location in the UK. I know inner-city building plots are
worth more than working land, probably due to the fact that who ever
should buy it will make more money.
At this moment in time we are unsure as to what is really out there
and what can realistically be achieved that is why all help is
appreciated more than you all realise.
we would want to live on the land and I personally feel that it could
be achievable on our tiny budget its just a matter of stumbling upon
the right place or bumping into the right person. I know its a long
shot but to be honest I don't have many other options at the moment.
maybe we are dreaming, maybe this cant be done, I never expected it to
be easy and would be quite disappointed if it was (I like to try the
impossible).
I will now begin my daily routine of searching the net and looking at
the classifieds.
thanks for taking the time posting your comments please keep the
advice coming

Dave